I have just uploaded a new project to Amazon Studios — TV comedy series MY 90-YEAR-OLD MATCHMAKER — inspired by my 90-year-old father Al Zimbler. He is a senior improv instructor and author of five humorous short story books on Amazon about love and sex for seniors — see www.amazon.com/author/albertzimbler
Al has been a volunteer matchmaker for an online site — and his experiences with matchmaking, senior improv classes, stand-up comedy, and comedy writing combine to make an amusing inspiration for a proposed TV comedy series.
What this really means is that I have a great deal of humorous material that can be incorporated into a TV comedy series.
Here, with Al’s permission, are a few examples of his stand-up comedy:
- I teach at a special school. If my students misbehave I cannot send them home. They have to finish their prison term.
- A guy writes to friends that he is unhappy where he lives. It seems there are too many bars all around. He’s hopeful, though. He is to be paroled soon.
- I read this personal ad in the newspaper: “Handsome gentleman, eighty one years young, loves to travel, and eat steaks. Has own teeth.”
- Married daughter calls up mother and says she just had triplets and the doctor said that triplets occur every three million chances. Mother says, “Tell me, dear daughter, when did you have time to cook for your husband?”
- I know a guy who has a weight problem. He can’t wait to eat.
- Sunbathing is bad for the eyes. Especially when you do it on a nude beach.
- Hybrid cars save you money on gasoline. But only if you drive.
- I went to Starbucks this morning for coffee. Unfortunately, no one left any on their table.
P.S. And you can also check out my newest work-in-progress project on Wattpad — Rebecca Stone cozy mystery SINK LINKE A STONE — at http://budurl.com/Sinkintro
© 2015 Miller Mosaic LLC
Phyllis Zimbler Miller (@ZimblerMiller) has an M.B.A. from The Wharton School and is the author of fiction and nonfiction books/ebooks, including HOW TO SUCCEED IN HIGH SCHOOL AND PREP FOR COLLEGE and the romantic suspense spy thriller CIA FALL GUY, as well as newly written books not yet published. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org