Reprinted from Phyllis Zimbler Miller’s blog posts at the LA Internet Business Examiner.
On side-by-side treadmills at the gym today I tried once again to explain to my exercise partner how she can use Twitter to promote her new children’s picture book Too Many Visitors for One Little House.
The problem is that Twitter is deceptively simple. How did you learn all this? she asked me. It took me months, I told her, and I could probably teach a 10-week course at UCLA Extension on this.
And the truth is that I’m still learning about Twitter. I continue to read every blog post on Twitter that I can and have bought special reports and a book about Twitter. In addition, I’ve written special reports on using Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for marketing books, businesses and films.
So what can I possibly write here that can help you get started on Twitter for business (with additional posts later to add more information)?
My top Twitter rules:
Sign up for Twitter only when you are ready to do this:
1. Post a photo with your brief bio.
2. Choose a good Twitter username (can be your name or business name or brand but not something goofy – try to avoid using an underline and numbers; whatever capitalization you enter the username with is the way your username will show up although people can type it with or without the capitalization).
3. Put your real name in the NAME box in the settings/account info. (Your Twitter username goes in the username box.)
4. Start slowly watching what other people tweet instead of trying to amass 1,000 followers in one day and getting kicked off Twitter for “spamming.”
5. Include a URL if you have a website.
6. Write something interesting in your brief bio instead of something goofy.
7. Tweet at least two updates as soon as you upload your photo and write your brief bio (160 characters).
8. Include your Twitter username in your email signature.
Of course there are lots more tips for using Twitter successively, but this will get you started. You can follow me to see what I do – www.twitter.com/ZimblerMiller. (If you’re a blogger, notice that some of my blogs feed automatically into my Twitter account and some of my blog posts I enter myself in the update box.)
If you have a specific Twitter question, leave it below and I’ll try to answer it in upcoming blog posts.
And no matter what anybody says (and I’ve read the naysayers, too), if – and I mean if – you learn to use Twitter correctly and effectively, you’ll come to appreciate what a genius online tool it is.
Buyers in Australia get more remedies per person than any other country. The diversity of medications marketed by companies is no doubt a contributing matter to prescription medicament abuse epidemic. At present more than half of men aged over 50 reported some degree of erectile difficulties. Have a question about Cialis and levitra 10 mg? Let’s find answers to most pop questions about side effects of Cialis. While ED is more common among older men, that doesn’t make it ‘normal’. Most likely every man knows about levitra 10mg. Other matter we are going to is levitra 20mg. Orgasm troubles can usually indicate problems elsewhere. If you would like advice about Cialis, one of pharmacists will make accessible medicines that are suitable for you to take. You will then be able to buy the medicine.