- Language Arts
- Social Studies
The assignment will be to write a guest blog post entry about one event in the novel and relate it to the U.S. fighting in the Vietnam War at that time. This blog post will include a brief description of the event as well as the student’s own opinion about what happened.
By focusing on one event, students will have the opportunity to delver deeper into what they thought about that specific event.
Students will better understand:
- The opposing views regarding the Vietnam War during that time period.
- The integration of African-Americans at that time — only six years after the passage of the Civil Rights Act.
- The U.S. military then as well as the commitment of men and women who now serve.
Activities and Procedures:
Discuss the style and elements of a blog post:
- Typed single spaced with double spacing between paragraphs and no paragraph indentation and with short paragraphs.
- Headline: Use words that someone might search on Google for, such as: Vietnam War, Civil rights, Kent State University shootings, U.S. Army
- Length of the post: Between 300 and 500 words
Students should read their blog posts aloud to the class. The different events can be discussed in terms of these issues:
- Racial prejudice
- Religious prejudice
- Geographic prejudice
- Cultural prejudice
- Vietnam War opinions
- Military service: draft then vs. all-volunteer army today
- Comparisons to the U.S. deployment in Iraq and Afghanistan
Teacher can arrange with book author Phyllis Zimbler Miller to speak to the students via skype. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Buyers in Australia get more remedies per human than any other country. The variety of medications marketed by companies is no doubt a contributing matter to prescription medicament abuse epidemic. At present more than half of men aged over 50 reported some degree of erectile difficulties. Have a question about Cialis and levitra 10 mg? Let’s find answers to most popular questions about side effects of Cialis. While ED is more common among older men, that doesn’t make it ‘normal’. Most likely every man knows about levitra 10mg. Other question we are going to is levitra 20mg. Orgasm troubles can usually indicate problems elsewhere. If you would like advice about Cialis, one of pharmacists will make approachable medicines that are suitable for you to take. You will then be able to buy the medicine.