Carolyn Howard-Johnson is a multi-award-winning novelist, poet, and author of the How To Do It Frugally series of books. Her newest book is The Frugal Book Promoter: How to get nearly free publicity on your own or partnering with your publisher (Second Edition).
- Her novel This Is the Place won eight awards.
- Her creative nonfiction Harkening: A Collection of Stories Remembered won three awards.
- Her chapbook of poetry Tracings was named to the Compulsive Reader’s Ten Best Reads list and was given the Military Writers Society of America’s Silver Award of Excellence.
- Her poetry chapbook She Wore Emerald Then, Reflections on Motherhood — coauthored with Magdalena Ball — was self-published in the time-honored tradition of poets everywhere.
- The Frugal Book Promoter: How to Do What Your Publisher Won’t was a USA Book News Award and Irwin Award winner.
- The Frugal Editor: Put Your Best Book Forward to Avoid Humiliation and Ensure Success was also a USA Book News Award winner as well as the winner of the Reader View’s Literary Award and the New Generation Award for Marketing.
- Her The Great First Impression Book Proposal: Everything You Need To Know To Sell Your Book in 20 Minutes or Less is available on Amazon.
She is an instructor for UCLA Extension’s world-renown Writers’ Program.
Her website is How to Do It Frugally.
Her blogs are:
- Sharing With Writers and Readers
- The New Book Review
- No Hum-Dum Promotions Allowed
- The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor
- War, Peace, Tolerance, and Our Soldiers
Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org